Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

God Said "Yes!"


I don't know about you but sometimes it's hard for me to know for sure if God wants me to do something. It's like "OK, God...I'm gonna do it now...I really am...I am gonna do it...OK. I'm serious. I really am..." All the while waiting for Him to say "STOP!" That's kind of how it has been with this adoption idea. It is something that has been on my heart for years but only recently did Kris and I feel like we were on the same page. But even as I filled out our application I felt nervous. Nervous about our country choice, our family's readiness to do this, and even our ability. As I finished the last bit of paperwork for our application, I prayed, "OK, God. If this is what you want make it happen. We're ready." I set down my pen and ran an errand. While I was out...not an hour later...I got a phone call from a dear, sweet soul sister. I told her our decision, told her that I had finished the application, and that I was waiting for God to provide the first $250 we needed to turn in the application. Our conversation went like this:

Her: "What did you say?"
Me: "Yeah. It's $250 just to turn in the application."
Her: "HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!"
Me: "Why are you laughing?"
Her: "Anne, I called you to get your address. We have a check on our counter I wanted to send you for...$250."
Me: crying crying crying

So it was like God was like: "GO! I got your back! Let's make this happen."

And so here we go. We are gonna have a baby!

5 comments:

  1. Becky WarnerSeptember 17, 2012

    Love love love this! So amazing to see God's hand at work! We're excited to see your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky. We have already been so humbled by people's concern and by what God is already doing. It's gonna be a wild ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got chills from reading this! I so proud for you and happy too! I wish you and your family all the best with getting a baby!!! Love you old friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is amazing! Sweet sister, I am so grateful for you and your family. I am praying for you and your journey. Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet friend! I just read through all these blog posts and am so excited for you! It's so neat to see how God is guiding you. Our prayers are with you! And we will support you. Chuck is a big Amazon guy so we will go through your site. Miss you and love you, Chelsey

    ReplyDelete