Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Papers Papers Papers


When I was in the fifth grade, we had a big project due. We had to turn in all our previous papers from the last 6 week period. They had to be bound nice and neat in a folder. The papers had to placed in chronological order, holes punched, and a neat table of contents. I can remember this like it was yesterday. . . everyone around me, quietly doing their work, and seemingly enjoying the project. And then there was me, crumpled papers falling here and there. I couldn't match the holes. I was missing half of the pages due in the project. The pages kept falling and falling and falling. I reached my boiling point. I stood up in the middle of the classroom, threw my papers in the air and screamed, "I HATE THIS!!" My teacher quietly looked up as papers floated to the floor all around us and asked what any teacher in her right mind would ask, "Anne Patton! What in the world is wrong with you?!"

I am not good with paper work. It's an innate problem in me and anyone that knows me, knows organization is also not one of my spiritual gifts. Nor is administration of any kind. I have worked through the emotional trauma this has caused me, and I am totally at peace that God made people like me to make people who are good at paperwork to feel good about themselves. And I'm OK with this. I am good at other things. My self esteem has healed. I have found peace. 

Guess what 95% of adoption is...yup...paperwork. Needless to say...we cherish your prayers. There are mounds and mounds of paperwork. And then there's more paperwork. I know this mountain before us is climbable. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. And I remind myself we can. I can because:

"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

If paperwork is a step...be it my least favorite thing to do...it is worth is to bring our baby home. And He who is able will equip me. PRAISE GOD! He will equip me.

4 comments:

  1. Up until you wrote your name I was imagining the shocked look on all the kids and teachers faces if Kris had stood up in class and yelled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Anne. You will get through it by the grace of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you are so sweet Anne. That's a hilarious story. I'm personally very thankful that we're not all a bunch of organizers...and after all, God gave you Kris! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If she's counting on me, we're all in a lot of trouble...

    -Kris

    ReplyDelete